Deadline: 10 April 2020
This scholarship will support a full-time PhD student for 3 years who will work on an Australia Research Council (ARC) project regards the development of high performance green concrete containing lithium refinery by-product as partial replacement of cement.
$28,092 per annum for 3 years with possibility of 6 months extension. The scholarship stipends will be index yearly.
For a successful international student, tuition fees offsets will apply.
The successful candidate must meet the minimum academic entry requirement for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program [https://research.curtin.edu.au/postgraduate/] including the English proficiency levels set by Curtin University.
Candidates should have:
- Master and bachelor (First Class Honours) degree in Civil engineering and master degree in structural engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Prior research experience in master level on the use of supplementary cementitious materials in concrete and experience on various tests related to mechanical and durability properties of concrete and microstructure analysis techniques.
- Prior track record in publishing good quality journal and conference papers on concrete containing supplementary cementitious materials.
HOW to APPLY:
Please send your expression of interest, including the following, to: [email protected]
- Degree and transcripts of their academic record.
- A personal statement that demonstrates the required skills and experience as per the eligibility criteria 1-3.
- Curriculum vitae and publications.
- Two academic references.
Should you have any query, please contact: Associate Professor Faiz Shaikh, School of civil and mechanical engineering
T: +61 08 92669054