Deadline: 31 August 2020
The AVIS+, the new AVIS (ASEAN-Vietnam ICT Scholarship) is the initiative of the Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam (MIC Vietnam) to enhance the human resource development of ASEAN nations plus Korea and Japan in the field of ICT. The scholarship program is carried out by the Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT) with the financial sponsorship of outstanding Vietnamese enterprises including Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT), Viettel Group, VinGroup, CMC Corporation, FPT Joint Stock Company, Misa Corporation, starting in academic year 2019-2020. Here is the main information of the AVIS+ program:
- AVIS+ targets young talented students from the age of 18 to 25 who are expected to play a pioneer role in the ICT development of their countries.
- AVIS+ provides full scholarships to qualified students to study four-year undergraduate program in Information Technology (instructed in English) taken at Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT), Vietnam.
- Nationality: Citizens of the ASEAN plus Korea and Japan and residing in corresponding home countries at the time of application.
- Age: Between 18 and 25 as of 31 August 2020.
- Academic Background:
- Holding a high school diploma authorized by the respective nations.
- GPA of high school years from 7.0 upwards (point scale of 10 or equivalent).
- English Proficiency:
- Applicants must obtain IELTS 5.5 (academic) or other equivalent certificates issued by authorized testing and certification bodies.
- Students from high school or students from junior college programs fully taught in English are exempted from submitting English certificates.
- Health Condition: Applicants must be in good health certified by authorized clinics or hospitals.
- Ineligibility: A person who falls under the following category is NOT eligible to apply:
- Those who are being under investigation from their local authorities in any kind of forms.
- Military personnel registered on the active list.
AVIS+ is a FULL scholarship program for each candidate during their whole 4-year study in Vietnam, including:
- Full tuition fee
- Two round-trip airfares (international flights)
- Establishment allowance
- Monthly stipend (10,000,000 VND/ month, equivalent to 425 USD/month)
- Health insurance
- $100 Bonus for annual Vietnamese Tet Holiday
HOW to APPLY:
Please download and complete the following forms:
- Application Form can be downloaded at http://cie.ptit.edu.vn
- Application Form can be downloaded here
- Application Letter can be downloaded here
Please note that:
- Three (3) sets of Application Documents (1 Original / 2 Photocopies of the original one) are required.
- All documents are written in other languages than English need notarized English translation (self-translation is not acceptable).
- Use only A4 size paper for all copy sets.
- Do not staple the documents. Put a paperclip on them instead.
- Make your own extra copy of the Application Documents before submission.
In addition, you include the following documents in your application:
- Application Form with Photos (4cm x 6 cm) (designated form)
- 3 photos (taken within the past 3 months) must be attached to the 1stpage of all the 3 sets.
- Must have signature on the lower right-hand corner of EACH PAGE.
- High School Diploma. If in other languages (not English), submit notarized translation copies.
- Official Academic Transcript (must contain all the grades earned from high school).
- International English proficiency test results or a Confirmation Letter from respective high schools or junior colleges verifying that their academic programs are taught in English.·
- Valid Certificate.
- The Confirmation Letter must be sealed and signed by the legal representative.
- Certificate of Health Examination
- Issued by a provincial-level hospital upwards.
- Must be formed in English or notarized English translation (if in other languages).
- Application Letter
- Self-written by applicants.
- Present the reason for applying for this scholarship, summarize academic knowledge and achievements as well as plan to contribute to the development of the country after completion of the course.
- Passport (photocopy). Photocopy of personal page only.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact:
Center for International Education
Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology
5th Floor, A1 Building, Ha Dong Campus
Km 10 Nguyen Trai Road, Ha Dong District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: +84 24 3352 5741 / E-mail: [email protected]
Contact person: Ms. Pham Tran Cam Van – Program Manager