Deadline: 6 May 2020
Université Paris-Saclay aims to promote access for international students to its Master’s programmes, provided by its faculties, component-institutions and associated universities, and to make it easier for highly-qualified international students to join the University, especially for those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
Scholarships will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year. Established with the IDEX funding of the 3rd Programme Investissements d’Avenir, and based on academic achievements, these scholarships are aimed at students admitted to a Master’s programme delivered by Université Paris-Saclay and provided by one of the following insitutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay (ENS Paris-Saclay), INSTN-CEA, Institut d’Optique Graduate School (IOGS), Université d’Evry-Val-d’Essonne (UEVE), Université Paris-Saclay (UPSaclay), Université de Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (UVSQ).
These scholarships are awarded for 1 or 2 years to students enrolled in a Master’s programme at Université Paris-Saclay, depending on their admission level (M1 or M2), and subject to completion of the required number of credits to go through to the following year of study.
- Students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme delivered by one of the following institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UEVE, UPSaclay, UVSQ. Among these students, only those who answer one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students, aged 30 and less during the course of the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, previously or currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, taking language classes (type FFL).
- Students who have lived in France in the past, within the framework of a mobility programme during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange programme…) that did not lead to certification.
You are ineligible if:
- All students who have been or who are enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies, except international students enrolled in a French higher education institution abroad.
- Students who have interrupted their studies for more than 3 consecutive years.
- Students receiving any other type of funding whose amount exceeds 650€ per month.
PROGRAMMES / FIELDS:
- All academic fields are concerned.
- All Master’s programmes for which Université Paris-Saclay is accredited, except for vocational training.
- The amount of the Université Paris-Saclay scholarship is 10,000€ per year. It is paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of 10 consecutive months (September to June).
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses can also be awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
- Laureates will receive their scholarship as well as travel expenses only upon arrival in France and once they have enrolled in the programme to which they were admitted.
- Internships in research laboratories must be done in one of the Université Paris-Saclay research laboratories. Outside this framework, the scholarship will be suspended throughout the period of internship with no possibility for deferment.
- Internships in companies must be carried out in France.
- The scholarship will be suspended if internship wages exceed 650€/month.
HOW to APPLY:
Students eligible for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEX scholarship will be selected by the admission panel among those students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme.
Only students who receive an email from Université Paris-Saclay inviting them to apply for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEX scholarship will be able to submit an application.
- Selected students will automatically be sent a link by email to an online application form.
- Upon receipt of this email, students wishing to apply will need to complete the online application form and provide (mandatory) the names of two references who would be willing to submit a reference for the candidate (director of studies, professor, internship coordinator…).
- Each of the two references named by the candidate will be sent a link by email to an online recommendation form. They will be asked to complete and submit the form prior to the closing day of the scholarship call.
- The candidate will automatically be informed when each reference has submitted the form.
- The application file for a scholarship will be considered complete when both recommendation forms have been submitted by the two references.
Please note: the candidate will not receive a message confirming that the application is complete.
It is up to the candidate to ensure both references complete and submit the form by the deadline given in the invitation email.
Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will automatically be rejected.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Laurence MONSELLIER :[email protected]