Deadline: 20 April 2020
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities. Initially, the idea of offering scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia for the student coming from the NAM member countries was mandated in the 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992. Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
Since 2002, due to the substantial change in the international political constellation, the use of the term “NAM” in this program was considered irrelevant. The program name then changed to Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership) Scholarship or KNB Scholarship. Consequently, the program has been widely offered to students, not only to the NAM member countries, but also to other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, Madagascar, Suriname, Pakistan, Guyana, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and Vanuatu.
The scholarship is offered to potential students from the developing countries to get their Master Degree in a wide range of field of study (please be advised that the study program offered differs between university): Humanities, Engineering, Social Sciences, Sciences, and Education.
- Indonesian Language Training Program: A one academic year Indonesian Language (Bahasa) course is a compulsory for all KNB students as all courses required to complete the Master program (lecture and thesis) will be conducted in Bahasa. The Bahasa course will be provided by each University.
- Preparatory program: Preparatory program prior to the Master or Bachelor Degree program, will be arranged in accordance with the university’s policy and program planning.
- Academic Programme: Maximum of 4 semesters for Master Degree program and maximum of 8 semesters for Bachelor Degree program. In order to successfully complete the program, it is important for all KNB students to consistently produce a good academic performance by developing a can do attitude, stay focus, punctual, and discipline.
SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE and DURATION:
The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,500,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,750,000 per month;
- Monthly allowance;
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- The duration of the scholarship is exclusively correlated to the duration of the academic program. The scholarship is paid for 12 calendar months each academic year during the normal period of study, except the last academic year of the normal period of study when the scholarship is paid for 8 months. Please be advised that in case of early program completion, all scholarships payment will be stopped by the time the awardee set off for home (returning to home country).
- please be advised that the KNB Scholarship is calculated to support the KNB Student costs only. There is no provision for dependents. KNB Students are advised not to bring dependents to Indonesia. The KNB Scholarship provides no financial or pastoral support for dependants and will not endorse the visa applications of, nor provide travel for, dependants.
- The online application process must be completed no later than 20 April 2020.
- The selection result will be announced on the 1st week of June 2020.
- The confirmation deadline is on 6 July 2020.
- The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on 5 August 2020.
HOW to APPLY:
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website);
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process;
- Selection process. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
To download KNB Scholarship Application Guidelines, please click here
Please feel free to contact Indonesian Embassy for more information (02076755866), or email: [email protected]