Deadline: 1 March and 1 October 2021
Calling all outstanding undergraduates with a passion for biomedical sciences, physical sciences and engineering!
The National Science Scholarship (PhD) funds your PhD studies for up to five years. Successful candidates are required to participate in a one-year paid research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute prior to their PhD studies.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Have strong interest in a research career
- Have outstanding undergraduate results (preferably 1st Class Honours Degree or equivalent) in relevant disciplines
- Have applied or be applying for a PhD programme at a top global university
- Successful candidates are required to undergo a one-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute prior to their PhD studies
Successful applicants will be given the following support for up to five years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including:
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing and settling-in allowance
Upon completion of the PhD programme, scholars will return to Singapore and contribute to A*STAR’s research institutes for four (4) years.
HOW to APPLY:
To apply for the NSS (PhD), please click here.
Successful candidates are required to complete a 1-year Research Attachment (RA) at an A*STAR research institute prior to their PhD studies. Applicants will need to factor in this RA requirement when planning for university admission.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have further queries